- Target Muscles: upper body
- 1-10 Difficulty Rating: 8
- Workout Time: 30 minutes
Ensure that your muscles are warm; I recommend doing the Moji warm-up.
Ready your mat, then shuffle your cards and place the deck face down. Draw cards one by one.
- Red Numbered Cards: do crunches in whatever number is on the card
- Black Numbered Cards: do push-ups in whatever number is on the card
- Face Cards: all face cards equal ten—red are ‘crunches,’ black are ‘push-ups’
- All Aces: break for a count of twenty
- Jokers: break for a count of forty
Pay attention to form, but try to move through the deck as quickly as possible. Take note of the time it takes you to move through the entire deck; or, note how many cards you were able to move through if you cannot finish the entire deck.
To make the workout harder, remove the aces and the jokers from the deck. To make it easier, double the length of the breaks, and or pull the tens and jacks out of the deck.
Go for a brisk walk or a casual jog of at least two-miles a few hours before or after the workout.
I post a new workout each day of the week. Clearly, “rest days” are prudent in anyone’s workout schedule. My advice is to select four or five of the workouts I recommend in a week, and do them over four or five days—one workout per day; rest on the other days. I always list the target muscles each routine calls upon. It would be wise to choose workouts that address the entire body over a given week.