- Target Muscles: heart, full-body
- 1-10 Difficulty Rating: 8.5
- Workout Time: twenty to forty minutes
Ensure that your muscles are warm; I recommend doing the Moji warm-up.
Ready your mat, then shuffle your cards and place the deck face down. Draw cards one by one.
- Red Numbered Cards: do ‘abs planks’—the card’s number is the number of seconds to hold the plank
- Black Numbered Cards: do push-up burpees in whatever number is on the card
- Face Cards: do ten crunches
- All Aces: break for a count of twenty
- Jokers: break for a count of forty
To make the workout harder, remove the aces and the jokers from the deck. To make it easier, double the length of the breaks, and or pull the tens and jacks out of the deck.
I post a new workout each day of the week. Clearly, “rest days” are prudent in anyone’s workout schedule. My advice is to select four or five of the workouts I recommend in a week, and do them over four or five days—one workout per day; rest on the other days. I always list the target muscles each routine calls upon. It would be wise to choose workouts that address the entire body over a given week.